Enjoy delicious local specialities, go hiking and pick your own herbs, learn about cheese making and find out how to make your own pastries from wild plants!
You start your stay in the end of the afternoon (5:30 pm) in Champoussin, where you will be staying. After settling in at the Auberge Chez Gaby 1670, you enjoy a moment of conviviality over a cheese and mountain herbs fondue.
After a good night sleep at the Auberge, you enjoy a delicious “Region Dents du Midi” breakfast. This gives you the opportunity to can taste a piece of “Salée de la Vallée”, a traditional cake of the region. You then meet your guide to go on a hike to La Chaux mountain pasture, where you get the opportunity to discover and grab local herbs. Your harvest will allow you to prepare your own lunch.
In the afternoon, you return to Champoussin, accompanied by your guide. There, at the Chez Gaby farm, you will watch goats’ milking and then enjoy a tasting of some of the farm’s products with a glass of wine.
For the evening meal, you return to the Auberge chez Gaby 1670 and, to end the day well, your host offers you a workshop on making goat’s yogurt with fresh herbs.
On the next morning, you walk a few meters down to Chez Gaby farme. There you enjoy a regional breakfast and then get time to discover the process of making cheese. You get the rest of the morning at disposal to stroll around and/or visit the small museum that the farm houses. After a delicious lunch on site, you return to the Auberge for a MasterClass in wild plant pastry making. During this activity, you will make nougat with goat cheese, mountain herbs picked the day before and dried fruits.
At the end of the afternoon, around 5:00 pm, you can return home by public bus or your private car.
From 08/07 to 10/07/2022.
From 16/09 to 18/09/2022.
The tour takes place from 4 participants.
The price includes
- Welcome drink and evening meal at the Auberge chez Gaby 1670
- Accommodation at the Auberge chez Gaby 1670, with breakfast "Région Dents du Midi”
- Guided hike to the Alpage de la Chaux (round trip)
- Plant discovery and collection activity
- Lunch prepared by yourself
- Activity at Gaby's farm, milking goats
- Tasting of farm products and glass of wine
- Evening meal at the Auberge chez Gaby 1670
- Goat yogurt making with fresh herbs
- Accommodation at the Auberge chez Gaby 1670
- Breakfast "Région Dents du Midi" served at Gaby's Farm
- Discovery of cheese making
- Lunch at Gaby's Farm
- Pastry masterclass with wild plants
- All applicable taxes and service charges
The price excludes
- Travel between your home and Champoussin
- Any unstipulated expenses
- Travel insurance (cancellation and assistance)
- Bank/credit card