This story, inspired by real events, takes us on a journey to Rwanda, to discover this amazing country! The voice of the storyteller is mixed with soundscapes and songs recorded directly in Kigali, the capital of Rwanda.
Show “Facing the hills of Rwanda
The story :
Joseph, a young Frenchman of 24, leaves for Kigali for 6 months to work with young people who live on the streets. Throughout the show, a multitude of characters come to colour the story: a young rap enthusiast who learned English by watching Bollywood films, an educator who survived the genocide and is still full of projects and hope, a night watchman with a passion for proverbs who never takes off his shirt and his toreador moustache, a young orphan girl who now pilots a drone… Characters to whom Joseph becomes attached, whom he wants to get to know, to understand… and who thus allow us to discover in a sensitive way – between humour and seriousness – a bit of the history of Rwanda.
Words from the audience:
– I like the freshness with which you draw the scenery of Rwanda. Smells, colours, sounds… I was there with you. To be recommended to candidates who want to work in an NGO! Raph
– A poetic and moving show, which brings us to the height of man in the great story in all simplicity and authenticity.” Loic
– For a Rwandan, this show is really fascinating. You managed to paint a realistic portrait of my country and its history. It’s strong, because you take all the spectators on a journey to Rwanda! And I laughed a lot with the Rwandan proverbs…” Alexie
Practical information :
– All audiences from 12 years old
– Duration: 1h10
– The show will be followed by a discussion with the actor
– More information on +33 6 28 35 81 59 and on utopiesprod.wordpress.com
- Visual disability