A discovery walk to learn more about edible plants in their autumn season, punctuated by a succulent meal based on local produce.
Following in Agnès’s footsteps, Nathalie Nemeth-Défago, a herbalist and mountain guide in the valley, will take you on an easy stroll to discover edible plants in their autumn season and those used since the dawn of time in the valley for healing.
After picking, it’s time to enjoy the taste. While you prepare your aperitif, the Coquoz restaurant in Planachaux, a forerunner in wild plant cuisine in the region, will concoct a 3-course meal for you, the most original and tasty result of their long experience in fine cuisine and edible wild plants.
You’ll leave with recipes, tips for recognizing plants, and amusing and surprising anecdotes about the uses of local plants.
Recommended equipment :
– Backpack, weather-appropriate clothing, windproof jacket, good walking shoes, sunglasses, sun cream, water and a small snack.
– Canvas bag, scissors or knife for picking, writing utensils.
Practical information :
– Reservations are possible until 5:00 p.m. the day before the activity.
– Event maintained for a minimum of 2 participants
– Event cancelled in case of bad weather.
Meet at the Grand Paradis car park, then car pool to Planachaux.