Collaire bread oven


The Collaire bread oven was built around 1435. This is where the bread was baked for the Troistorrents church congregation, notably during the feast of the Pentecost.

The Collaire bread oven as we know it today was built sometime around 1610, although historical archives in Monthey mention the existence of eight bread ovens in the town of Troistorrents around 1457, including one called Collaire (p.50, from the book Au Fil du Paysage de l’Eau, Pierre Alain Bazet, 2005).

The date 1852 engraved on the doorframe most likely indicates a restoration date.

Carefully restored and brought back to life in 2019, a committee of members manage the historic building and organise occasional baking dates.




Chemin du Four 2aCH - 1872TroistorrentsSuisse
Get directions