1 Hands-free ski pass for 2 countries
The largest international ski area in the world!
Founded by a few local visionaries over 50 years ago, the Portes du Soleil is one of the largest ski areas in the world. Nestled in the Alps just an hour from Geneva, no less than 12 French and Swiss resorts lie within the boundaries of this vast territory.
This is a veritable nature preserve… for powder! In large part, the Portes du Soleil landscape is virtually untouched. Ski lifts hide among the trees on wooded mountainsides and the slopes slalom discreetly through alpine forests and pastures, following the lay of the land and dotted here and there with centuries-old chalets. The area enjoys excellent snowfall from mid-December to late April, with an accumulated average snow depth of almost 7.50 m per year.
All this means that the Portes du Soleil offers a truly unique kind of skiing; the ski safari, from resort to resort, from valley to valley and from one country to another…
THE SWISS SKI AREA
Champéry – Les Crosets – Morgins – Champoussin
The Swiss part of the Portes du Soleil ski area can be accessed separately with a CLCF ski pass. This pass covers the four Swiss resorts of Champery, Les Crosets, Champoussin and Morgins and no fewer than 37 ski lifts.
This is the perfect ski area for both families with children and more adventurous skiers looking for a challenge, with an impressive variety of ski slopes ranging from wide well-groomed boulevards to one of the steepest ski slopes in the world. Blessed with a relatively mild climate due to its mid-alpine altitude; the highest point here is Mossettes Peak at 2,277m; the area generally enjoys excellent snow conditions throughout the winter season.
Night skiingSkiing under the stars and have dinner on the slopes!
Snowpark & Fun ZoneRecreation areas for beginners and experts.
Ski schoolsA wide variety of courses for students of all ages and abilities.
Equipment rentalSkis, snowboards, touring skis, telemark skis or even Yooner…
Ski passesSome various offers for Portes du Soleil skipasses.
Ski liftsPortes du Soleil Suisse SA works daily to guarantee you safety and quality slopes.
Avalanche Training CenterIt’s one thing to own an avalanche transceiver (ARVA / DVA) but knowing how to use it in an emergency is another! The Avalanche Training Centre is the perfect place to test your skills and learn to use your rescue equipment correctly.
The benefits of skiing in the Portes du Soleil
- Reduced ski passes: reduced price for children up to 15 years old (included), -10% discount for families of four or more. Special prices for 16-19 year olds, students between 20 and 24 years old and seniors from 65 years old.
- Attractive early booking or last-minute offers: up to 15% off your ski pass and 7 day passes for the price of 6.
- Legendary ski slopes such as Chavanette – The Swiss Wall, the Sépaya slope, the Didier Défago slope (native of Morgins and Olympic downhill champion in 2010 in Vancouver) and the Ripaille slope
- The pleasure of night skiing on Wednesdays in Morgins, Thursdays in Champoussin, and Wednesdays and Saturdays in Champéry – Les Crosets.
- A Rando-Parc dedicated to ski touring.
- Ski schools with instructors specialised in all disciplines and for all levels.
- Ski equipment rental at attractive rates.
Events on the slopes
Champéry Film FestivalMountain lovers unite! While you’re waiting for the first snows of the season, get your stoke on with the latest mountaineering, skiing, snowboarding and adventure films from the heart of our mountains to the Antarctic!
Migros Ski DayA fun day out awaits families in Champoussin this winter. Skiers or snowboarders? It doesn’t matter! Enjoy the games on site and take part in a friendly race!